AGILE LAW FIRM, PROVEN RESULTS
Christopher W. Bowman
Christopher Bowman joined Madigan, Dahl & Harlan as an associate in November 2019. His practice area is a blend of litigation and transactional work, with a particular emphasis on appeals and litigation.
Before joining MDH, Chris worked at a national railroad litigation firm, where he represented employees of the nation’s rail carriers in injury claims under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act and whistleblower claims under the Federal Rail Safety Act. Chris was one of the country’s leading attorneys under the FRSA, having successfully argued cases and appeals before the Department of Labor and the Fifth and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Chris is a member of the Appellate Practice Section Council for the Minnesota State Bar Association, and has represented the MSBA before the Minnesota Supreme Court and the Minnesota Court of Appeals on multiple occasions, either as amicus or as counsel appointed by the appellate courts or the MSBA to ensure a full development of the arguments, on matters relating to civil rights litigation, family law, and civil procedure. In recognition of this pro bono service, Chris was awarded the MSBA’s Award of Professional Excellence in June 2019.
Chris received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Government and English from Lawrence University of Wisconsin before earning his J.D., cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Appellate Practice
- Business/Civil/Corporate/Commercial Law and Litigation
- Construction Law and Litigation
- Distribution and Franchise Law and Litigation
- Employment Law and Litigation
- Real Estate Law and Litigation
- Minnesota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2016
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- MSBA Appellate Practice Section (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Rising Star (Labor & Employment), 2018-2020
- Minnesota State Bar Association Professional Excellence Award, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2020
- Grimes v. BNSF Ry. Co., 746 F3d 184 (5th Cir. 2014)
- Wooten v. BNSF Ry. Co., 387 F.Supp.3d 1078 (D.Mont. 2019)
- Thornton v. Bosquez, 933 N.W.2d 781 (Minn. 2019) (for amicus curiae Minnesota State Bar Association)
- N.H. v. Anoka-Hennepin Indep. Sch. Dist. No. 11, 950 N.W.2d 553 (Minn. App. 2020) (for amicus curiae Minnesota State Bar Association)