AGILE LAW FIRM, PROVEN RESULTS
Brandt F. Erwin
Mr. Erwin is a shareholder at Madigan, Dahl & Harlan, P.A. having joined the firm in November of 2012. Mr. Erwin graduated Magna Cum Laude from Hamline University School of Law in 2011. While at Hamline, he was a Primary Editor on the Hamline Law Review, served as a class representative for the Student Bar Association, and earned Dean's List honors. Prior to law school, Mr. Erwin attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts before transferring to Bridgewater State College and earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice.
Mr. Erwin has been recognized as a "Rising Star" for the last three (3) years and the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for 2021.
Prior to joining Madigan, Dahl & Harlan, Mr. Erwin was the law clerk for the Honorable Mary A. Yunker in the Tenth Judicial District of Minnesota. This opportunity gave him the benefit of learning from an experienced attorney and judicial officer, and he acquired experience in a variety of areas of the law.
Mr. Erwin is currently licensed to practice in all Minnesota state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th, 8th, and 9th Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Business/Civil/Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law/Litigation
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Distribution and Franchise Law and Litigation
- Alcohol Beverage Law and Litigation
Current Employment Positions
- Minnesota, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2018
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: CALI Award for Excellence in Commercial Transactions
- Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Criminal Justice
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity